Reading time: ~2 m
Women do not intend to be left out of the cryptocurrency phenomenon. Now they are buying cryptocurrencies more actively than six months ago, and they are also looking at vacancies in the crypto space.
As the results of a recent study by BlockFi showed, consumer sentiment towards cryptocurrencies is changing. The survey participants were American women who shared their views on investing in crypto.
Women shopping and walking
2022 has turned out to be very volatile for the crypto market, however, women’s belief in the value of long-term investments in cryptocurrencies remains strong. As the results of the study showed:
- 24% of women own cryptocurrencies, of which 70% are hodlers – they bought coins and did not sell them anymore. For comparison, in general, the overall rate of hodlers in the crypto market is about 55%.
- Almost 45% of women reported that they know how to buy cryptocurrencies. Six months ago, this figure was almost twice as low.
- Women buy predominantly Bitcoin (71%), Dogecoin (42%) and Ethereum (18%).
- 75% have experience only in trading and have not yet taken full advantage of all the possibilities of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, including passive income, mining or staking. Only one out of 20 respondents reported buying NFTs or mining experience.
What do you think? Share your thoughts with us in the comments and join to the discussion in our Telegram channel.
For many women, cryptocurrencies are a way to achieve their financial goals. However, educational gaps in this direction remain. The theoretical interest of women in crypto is slowly transforming into an interest in applied and real investments, although skepticism remains high.
- 92% of women surveyed have heard of cryptocurrencies; own any coins 24%
- For 80%, the topic of crypto seems complicated and confusing
- 72% consider investing in cryptocurrencies too risky
- Almost every third respondent plans to buy cryptocurrency this year; 60% of them said they would make such a purchase in the next three months
- One in five believe that cryptocurrencies can help them achieve their financial goals, including vacation trips, early retirement, or buying a house.
- Bitcoin was chosen by 14% of women as the best long-term investment against silver (16%) and stocks (13%). By a wide margin, real estate is leading in this category (41%). NFTs received only 4% in this rating
Women and crypto careers
Over the past year, the number of vacancies in the crypto sphere has grown by almost 400%, but only 10% of those surveyed considered that this industry offers the most tempting career opportunities compared to other popular fields of activity.
However, 15% answered that they are interested in a crypto career, and 10% plan to look for a job in a crypto or blockchain company next year.
As BlockFi founder Flory Marquez commented, the best way to learn something new is to start doing it, especially when it comes to such a complex world of cryptocurrencies at first glance.
“It is very encouraging that more and more women are realizing the benefits of owning cryptocurrencies and showing interest in working in the crypto space. Now our task is to close the educational gap and provide women with the easiest possible access to the crypto markets.”
Marquez expressed her hope that in the future, crypto assets will become an integral part of the financial well-being of every person.
All information contained on our website is published in good faith and objectively and for informational purposes only. The reader is solely responsible for any actions taken by him on the basis of information received on our website.
#woman #plans #buy #cryptocurrencies #year