02 December 2021 05:54, UTC
Reading time: ~ 2 m
The developers are trying to find out the details of what happened.
Fraudsters hacked the Badger DAO decentralized protocol and withdrawn $ 10 million worth of assets from it. Information about this appeared in the project’s microblog.
- Netizens speculated that hackers managed to gain access to the assets of the DeFi protocol through a breakthrough in the security systems of its interface. They also drew attention to the fact that the withdrawal of funds from the Badger DAO was preceded by a series of requests to expand the list of permissions from the crypto wallet providers. The developers suggested that with the help of such actions, the scammers gained access to the assets of the users of the DeFi protocol.
- Against the background of reports of security breakthroughs, the Badger team froze cryptocurrency storages.
- As of this writing, the developers are busy figuring out the details of what happened. Among other things, the Badger team plans to determine how many protocol users were affected by the actions of fraudsters, and what steps should be taken to secure the project.
- According to observers, the hacker managed to withdraw 185 WBTC, 136 thousand cvxCRV, 64 thousand veCVX and other assets from the platform, with a total value of $ 10 million.
- Against the background of the emergence of messages on the network about the hack BadgerDAO, the rate of the native token of the project went into decline.
Recall that earlier information appeared on the network that hackers hacked Cream Finance for the third time in a year and withdrew $ 117 million.
#Hackers #hacked #Badger #DAOs #DeFi #protocol #withdrawn #million #worth #assets