28 November 2021 22:05, UTC
Reading time: ~ 2 m
In the modern world, cryptocurrency goes side by side with our daily life. That is why there are countless wallets for storing virtual coins. Today we will take a look at the most reliable and convenient wallets.
In order to disassemble which of the wallets is more convenient for each individual user, let’s start with what is a crypto wallet? What are they? And how are they different?
What is a Crypto wallet?
A crypto wallet is a program or physical medium that allows you to receive, send and store digital assets. There are coin boxes that are suitable only for one crypt, but there are also multicurrency ones.
Bitcoin wallets are made up of two important components:
- Public address – similar to a credit card number, the sender needs this address to transfer funds to you.
- Private (private) key – a key that allows you to access and manage assets.
There are several types of cold storage wallets:
1. Hardware – the program and keys are installed on an electronic medium, similar to usb.
2. Desktop – the name used for the wallets installed on the PC. A wallet like this will work even without the Internet.
3. Tablet and mobile cold wallets – in general, they are similar to the previous ones, but have less memory.
Having figured out the main points, you can look at the top bitcoin wallets and choose the most convenient and suitable one for you.
Hardware cold wallets:
- Trezor is a physical hardware wallet for Bitcoin that can function independently of the Internet.
- Ledger – for storing cryptocurrency and ensuring the security of electronic payments Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, ZCash, Dash, Ripple and others. The wallet currently supports over 30 coins.
- KeepKey is a stylish and convenient tool that allows you to store bitcoins ..
- Ellipal Titan – Supports Air-Gapped Transaction Transfer Technology.
Single currency desktop cold wallets:
- Bitcoin Core is a client for connecting to the Bitcoin network.
- MyEtherWallet is multifunctional, suitable for storing ETH and ERC-20 tokens.
Desktop multicurrency cold wallets:
- Exodus is an anonymous wallet for storing and performing transactions with virtual coins.
- Coinomi is a secure web wallet that supports a wide variety of cryptocurrencies.
- Jaxx is a cross-platform multi-wallet for storing cryptocurrency.
How to get such a coin keeper?
- Buy – refers to hardware and some software.
- Download from the Internet – suitable for most desktop, as well as tablet and mobile cold wallets. When downloading and installing, you need to carefully monitor the reliability of the source, observe the download and installation process. It is also necessary to study the wallet, reviews and the section “what to do?”.
If you decide to start working with cryptocurrency, then it is better to look for tools on the official portal of the selected system and configure it following the instructions.
In this review, we looked at the most popular storages at the moment. Undoubtedly, there are many more tools in each section, but not all of them are good and not all of them are safe. Nowadays, there are an incredible variety of ways to store virtual assets, and every minute there are more and more of these ways. Which one to choose depends on your desire, convenience and goals. Marketplace deposits are considered the most unreliable place to place, but nevertheless, traders and miners cannot do without them.
Small amounts of crypt can be stored on thin local or Internet wallets, observing all security measures, and for storing large amounts it is better to purchase more reliable wallets.
#TOP #crypto #wallets